A safe place for all individuals, chosen families, and couples regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.
We will always strive to create a more inclusive community. All of the therapists at the Counseling Center Group believe that each client is the expert on their gender identity and authentic self, but may need a safe place to explore this freely.
We also provide a space to support parents, caregivers, friends, and loved ones in understanding the importance of affirming gender-diverse care. This includes LGBTQIA therapy and counseling support.
LGBTQIA Therapy: Where to begin
We will set you up with a therapist that best matches your needs. Our clinical approach integrates Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and additional evidence-based treatments to ensure that you get the most out of your therapeutic journey.
We understand that there are additional challenges that may arise such as body dysmorphia, eating disorders, self-image, self-harm, suicidal thoughts/behaviors, trauma, disconnection, anxiety, and depression. We apply a trauma-focused, compassionate, and supportive lens to all aspects of our care.
We work with chosen families, older adolescents, teens, and adults. We are also kink-friendly, polyamory-friendly, and sex-worker friendly.
LGBTQIA Services Offered
Surgical Readiness Assessments
- Identify the procedure you wish to have.
- Identify the surgeons you are considering or have to complete the procedure.
- Identify if the provider you choose requires a letter from a licensed professional in advance of your procedure or the consultation meetings. If you can find out if they have requirements for their letter (your chosen surgeon or their admin office can assist with this, but were also here to help call and ensure we have the right info)
- Check with your surgical team if your procedure requires hair removal, and if so, explore hair removal options.
- Learn as much as you can about that procedure, including pre/post operative care, if you’ll need a support person to care for you during the healing process, requirements of surgery, and timelines. Additional resources are below!
The Trevor Project
Trans Lifeline Peer Support Hotline
National Center for Transgender Equality
Mental Health Association
Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
LGBTQ+ Relationships and dating violence
Fed Up Collective
Eating Disorders and their impact on Queer and Trans Individuals
General Surgical Care and Readiness Information:
Chest Masculinization Surgery
Chest Feminization/Augmentation Surgery
Phalloplasty & Metoidioplasty
Hysterectomy & Oophorectomy
Masculinizing Hormone Therapy
Feminizing Hormone Therapy
Hair Removal Information
Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS)
- The Gender Identity Guide for Parents: Compassionate Advice to Help Your Child Be Their Most Authentic Self Tavi Hawn
- Transgender Teen: A Handbook for Parents and Professionals Supporting Transgender and Non-Binary Teens by Stephanie Brill
- I Wish You All the Bestby Mason Deaver
- Real Life by Brandon Taylor
- Real Queer America by Samantha Allen
- Life as a Unicornby Amrou Al-Kadhi
- Boy Erased by Garrard Conley