Group therapy is designed to help people reach their highest goals and combat a wide variety of challenges they may be facing. Group work is an evidence-based intervention that has been proven to be equally (oftentimes more) effective as individual therapy in assisting clients achieve their goals. Our highest priority in group therapy is to create empowerment for our clients and to help them create the positive change they wish to see in their lives. CCG provides a full range of groups, such as DBT skills groups, process groups, Emotion Fitness Program groups, CBT groups, Mindfulness groups and The Professional Series.
GROUP THERAPY BENEFITS
There are many benefits for those who participate in group therapy. Some of these benefits include:
- Group therapy is a research-supported method that allows space for participants to stretch their personal growth in a supportive and safe way.
- Participants experience mutuality, universality, and cooperation as they observe that they are not alone in their burdens and current challenges.
- Group therapy assists participants in overcoming barriers to life-long change in relationships, careers, unwanted behaviors, and more.
- Participants learn to navigate challenges with effective and healthy coping strategies.
- The group becomes a safe place to receive feedback, practice new ways of relating, and discover more effective ways.
More information about CCG’s available group offerings are located on the right side of this page. If you’re interested or would like more information about our current group availability, please let us know by using the contact information box at the bottom of the page. We are continuously forming new and unique groups tailored to our clients needs, so please contact us if you are interested in joining a group with a focus area we are not yet offering.